Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Week 10 Doctor Visit

Went to the doctor today. Peanut is 10 weeks, 3 days old and their little audio ultrasound thingy revealed that she's got a strong heartbeat! The doctor let us know that when a baby has a strong heartbeat at this stage means there is a great decrease in the chances for miscarriage. In other words, she's working hard and holdin' on tight!

I also had to get blood drawn for a variety of things I know I don't have so was barely listening. Next we have to decide about genetic testing which consists of more blood being drawn and an ultrasound to check for down-syndrome and cystic fibrosis. Next appointment is in 4 weeks.

Patrick and I left the doctor's office slightly upset thanks to a scene we witnessed. As I was getting my blood drawn we were listening to the doctor talk to a woman who was having pre-mature bleeding. The woman looked really concerned about what the bleeding might mean. I was distracted with the extraction of blood and we had to do a few more things before we could leave so I lost track of the woman. As we pulled out of the parking lot, though, we noticed the woman sitting on the curb between some cars smoking with her friend! How can you possibly opposite on such polar sides and still look yourself in the mirror? We were confused, to say the least.

No comments: