Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My First Hormonal Near Meltdown

Last Friday, I was eating my breakfast and considering the day that lay ahead of me when I glanced over at Atari, who was fast asleep on top of the loveseat, and nearly broke down in tears at the thought of leaving her for the day. She was not sick, she hadn't suddenly learned English and was begging me to stay and, in fact, she made no indication that I was even in the room with her, but...I literally did not know how I was going to make it through the day without her and had to choke back tears. I seriously considered calling in to my internship supervisor with the excuse that I had a wicked bad headache...which I did so I would not have been lying. It's a good thing I was at home alone or I would have spent whatever time it took to convince Patrick that Atari could not be left at home alone on that day or I would die. I never did really come to my senses until much later in the day when I realized those feelings could likely be attributed to pregnancy insanity. I certainly did not go into my internship with my head cleared of that insanity. And, as I later told Patrick, the one and only reason I managed to make it out of the house that day was that I need a certain number of direct contact hours in order to complete my internship and move on with my life and Friday is the day that I tally up the most hours. Otherwise I would have spent the day with my little Atari curled up on the couch.
Just as a reference, this is Atari with Chewy laying on top of her.

No comments: