Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Silly Things I Am Trying Not To Worry About

For the time being I've given up on finding an appropriate due date countdown ticker. A friend gave me a good lead on some, but posting the link in blogger did not work. And the ones blogger has are either plain/can be used for anything or freaky. I have also come to the conclusion that this is just kind of an awkward stage for Peanut. You know, she's trying to grow arms, legs, fingers and toes while also trying to produce fully formed organs--she's under a lot of pressure. So maybe she looks like a tadpole right now--that's okay. I am subscribing to a weekly email that updates me on Peanut's progress in the womb. Last week I learned her tail is becoming less tail-like with each passing day. This week I learned she has formed all of her major organs and is officially a fetus (as opposed to an embryo)!

Item number two on my list of things I should not be worrying about is girls names. Long before we even knew I was pregnant, Patrick and I had a boy's name ready to go. It was really easy and we have not even considered changing it since we decided so long ago. One of Patrick's coworkers believes this is a sign we'll be having a boy. Girl's names have been soooo difficult. Patrick examines each name for it's "pole-esque-ness". And by "pole" I mean stripper pole. He's convinced that certain girls' names automatically result in the girl becoming a stripper some day. And since he does not want his daughter to become a stripper we must stay away from those names. Other names we'll like one day but a few days later one of us will have grown sour to it. It's a conundrum and it's driving me crazy...even though we still have more than 6 months before we have to have a name. I will say this: I am open to suggestions.

Finally, what the hell am I suppossed to do about the nursery? The current color of the future nursery is a dark blue--it's Patrick's office and that is his favorite color but it's not very baby friendly in my opinion. Plus, the room only has one window so I feel the color(s) should on the lighter/brighter side. I want something that is colorful and stimulating but will also grow with Peanut. Let's face it--she's not going to be a baby forever. I did find one design that I liked here but it would require that I get white furniture. I have no problem with white furniture except that the crib I have found that I like best does not come in white. Ultimately, I want something that is on the neutral side that I can add some frills to if Peaunt is a girl or take away some frills if Peanut turns out to be a boy. Again: open to suggestions.

5 comments:

5ftLatina said...

Okay, what if we sand down the crib and then paint it white?

5ftLatina said...

And also, you can't go wrong with Kathryn :) It's a classic.

Amberly said...

both stellar ideas, kathryn...except doesn't sanding down a brand new crib sound a bit extreme?

5ftLatina said...

You have to remember, I watch too much DIY tv and therefore I think I know how to do everything just short of constructing my very own house out of particle board and canvas. So yeah, maybe extreme, but I swear those DIY shows do it all the time!

Your PR Pal said...

One of my best friends has kids named Waylon and Ransom.
I have faith that you can do better than that.