Friday, January 2, 2009

Goings on Since The Last Post

It's been awhile since Peanut and I have had the time to blog about our goings on. With the holidays, me trying to finish school and celebrate graduation certain things fell to the wayside. Patrick and I spent Christmas in Arizona for the first time since we've been together--and the last. Although it was quite frigid (for Arizona, anyway) here it wasn't the same as being in Iowa so it will be the last Christmas the Browns spend in Arizona as well.

I am officially in the midst of week 19 according to the latest ultrasound pictures and I should be feeling movement at this stage. I have read lots of stuff explaining to me what movement at this time is supposed to feel like--someone said like the wind--and I'm just not sure I'm feeling Peanut move. I'll tell you what I am feeling--backpain. During the day it doesn't bother me, but every night around 2 a.m. I wake up and cannot get back to sleep thanks to the pain. Fortunately, Patrick has been on vacation since it started and has been able to rub away the pain enough for me to get back to sleep. Not sure what's going to happen since he goes back to work on Monday.

On the 30th we had our second trimester ultrasound and found out little Peanut will be coming out with man parts. Patrick is elated, of course. He thinks we're growing a little NBA star. He's probably wrong, but it never hurts to dream. Peanut was not shy about revealing his man parts to us at all. The lady asked us if we wanted to know the gender, I layed down on the table and he pretty much instantly flashed us. The nice ultrasound lady even printed out a picture of it for us. We immediately notified family of this news as Patrick's side seems to be involved in a buying spree for Peanut. This visit also revealed that Peanut is developing normally and a few days ahead of schedule so we're now due on May 26 instead of May 30.

Patrick spent part of his vacation painting Peanut's room. This activity took waaaay longer than it should have due to me being demanding and apparently unable to communicate my wishes well. Patrick eventually had a couple mental breakdowns due to several mishaps and the fact that he just hates the whole idea of painting and refuses to ever do it again. I am of the opinion that once he gets some distance from this not so good painting experience, he'll find it in his heart to paint another nursery should it become necessary. I think.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Yay el peanut!! You'll know when he moves pal. I kept fretting about it too, but it's very obvious. :)

Maybe he'll come a few weeks early and Patrick can get out of the last few days of school. Nothin wrong with that. :)

Amberly said...

patrick wants nothing more than for the birth of his son to be his excuse to miss the last few days of school, namely graduation. even his co-worker wants that so he too can use peanut as an excuse to miss graduation!

Sandy said...

See, he can be everybody's hero!!