Thursday, July 30, 2009

2 Months!

As hard as it is to believe, young Miles reached the 2-month milestone on Tuesday! He has changed a lot in the last two months--we are able to do tummy time for a little longer each day and he is able to hold his head higher and steadier a little more each day! He is constantly "talking" back to us--no official words yet, obviously, but that's okay. :) Patrick and I already knew he was growing like a beanstalk since we dress him every day--and he's already in size 6-month clothes--but our trip to the doctor on Tuesday confirmed it. Our growing boy is a whopping 16 pounds and 24.5 inches long!

Knowing that babies are supposed to double their weight by 6 months, I have been doing a bit of research on Miles's new carseat. His current one is great but it maxes out at 22 pounds. Since he has gained a little over 6 pounds in two months, I have a feeling he'll be needing a new car seat before he reaches 6 months so I've had to put my research into high gear! The decision is further complicated by the fact that convertible car seats are crazy expensive and when (sometimes I wonder IF) I find a job and start working again we'll need one for each car. No time to worry about that right now, though, we'll get a second one when (IF) we need it.

No comments: