Sunday, October 19, 2008

...And Baby Makes Five

That's right, folks, the Brown family is expanding! Patrick and I have known for about three weeks...although that first week he didn't want to believe me when I kept telling him I was pregnant. We're a mere 9 weeks along in the process but it has already been filled with many "interesting" moments. My body feels as if it has been invaded and is no longer my own. I maintain only enough control to steer my way through the rest of my internship, my job and my final class of graduate school. This is pock-marked by much eating and sleeping. Oh, and a little exercise here and there.


Our little Peanut is due to arrive at the end of May. Our families have been hinting that it was time for a grandchild for the past couple years so, of course, everyone is quite excited about their new roles. My mom has already begun shopping for baby things and is trying to figure out how to spend the most amount of time in Arizona after the baby is born that is humanly possible without actually moving here. Patrick's mom is also quite excited but has made it very clear she will only be referred to as "G". At a later point she will consider being called "Grandmommy" but there will be no "Grandma" as far as she's concerned. Patrick's sisters are already referring to themselves as "Auntie" which is pretty funny!


Patrick and I will use this space to blog about the adventures of becoming first time parents while also trying to finish grad school, keep up with burdgeoning careers, and trying to stay generally sane. Wish us luck!


4 comments:

Ckreifels said...

Congratulations! There is nothing like it! i am so excited to follow your journey to parenthood!

5ftLatina said...

Congratulations! *hugs*

-Kathryn

Jeanne Belisle Lombardo said...

This is "boss lady" here from the old Transition Program and I just heard the news from Jan who passed on your blog to me. I am so happy for you and Patrick and I am sure your peanut will be the most beautiful baby of all time. I would love to chat sometime and hear all your news.
Jeanne

@CoryODonnell said...

congrats. such a great idea to blog about this wonderful journey you three are taking.

good luck...i'll be reading.